Lump under incision

Marivel_352
on 8/24/11 1:10 pm - TX
Hi All - I'm 1 week out of having laprascopic RNY and I felt a smallish lump underneath the main incision.  It's tender but doesn't 'hurt'.  I was wondering if this is normal and if anyone else has had this? 

I have a followup with my doctor next week and will mention it but just wanted to get some feedback from the group.

Thanks!

Mari
Anarare
on 8/24/11 1:21 pm - VA
 I am 2 weeks out and just had my post op yesterday.  I have the same bump, and I was told it was a small hematoma (bruise) and that your body dissolves it after a couple weeks.  She said it was very common especially under main incision!  Obviously if it is still there ask your surgeon at post op!  It prob is the same as mine!

HW: 400lbs+,  SW: 310lbs, CW: 218lbs, GW: 150lbs        
BugdocMom
on 8/24/11 1:54 pm - CA
Yep. I had it too. Almost gone now...
oblack1994
on 8/24/11 2:38 pm - vancouver, WA
Yes I also have small bumps where the incisons are! I was told that they will get smaller, and go away. So no worrys I also have been putting merderma on it, that is cream to heal the scars. They are looking great so far! Good luck with yours..

krislbt41
on 8/24/11 9:22 pm - Center Line, MI
I still have a small lump under my main incision also, my surgeon told me it was fluid build up but my aunt said it was a keloid...so I don't know who to believe....but it is getting smaller though.

Most Active
Recent Topics